Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Cleaning is what I do best."

I was half-joking when I said this to Michael.  Then the thought hit me..maybe I was partly meant to clean houses!  I know house cleaning is NOT the only thing I am good at but I do enjoy it to an extent, kind of a stress reliever in a way.  Which led to another thought…I could start a house cleaning business!  I know it’s not what I went to college for but due to the lack of meteorology opportunities there are back in Columbus that I would enjoy doing, I thought maybe I would have a better chance of helping people clean their homes who would actually pay someone to do it…and there are a lot of people who joke, at least, about paying someone to clean their home.  Who better to do it than me? J

(Writing about this thought is helping me to seriously consider doing it for real…)  I would need to invest in cleaning supplies, put my name out there, on base, in the community, maybe Craigslist.  I would probably also want to find someone who loves cleaning as much as me to be my “partner in crime”.  It is kind of weird going to someone’s house for the first time by yourself, and someone to share the load with would be nice, especially if I have more than one house I have to clean (haha, wishful thinking, but maybe!). 

What’s my experience?  I started out as a personal assistant in college, which was mostly cleaning the lady’s house.  I run a tight ship at home (so Michael would say), or try to.  And right now, of course, being a housekeeper 5 days a week doing everything from inside laundry to outside yardwork and pool maintenance. 

What are my chances of finding a job back in Cbus that I’d actually enjoy going in for?  Working the hours I want to work?  Flexible for when I show up to work and getting time off?  Making someone else’s life better and seeing my progress at the end of the day and knowing I did a good job?  I’d say all of these things are important to me.  I couldn’t think of a better job! 

Well, I’m glad I wrote this down because it just might motivate me to follow through.  I’m one of those people who, if I dream up a vision, it would take a miracle for it to materialize, or just another person to externally motivate me.  Which God knew this, and so placed Michael in my life!  He is so encouraging and understanding in how I operate and patient enough to help me look at something from all angles until it clicks or dissolves.  He thinks this sounds great but knows I need a lot of encouragement if I want to actually put this desire into motion.  So, I guess we’ll just see if anything comes of it…here’s to hoping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment